Tucson Country Day School is the proud recipient, and reigning winner of the Arizona Daily Star Reader’s Choice Award for “Best Charter School in Tucson”.
Hear what students, families, and staff have to say about their experience at TCDS:
- My family has trusted our children's education to TCDS for the past 8 years. The staff is so amazing and welcoming. My kiddos love being on a campus where all the teachers know their name and genuinely smile when they see them. The character development I have seen in my children is truly beautiful. Both of my kiddos are so different, yet the school supports each of them wonderfully and provides opportunities for them to grow and explore. Highly recommend!Allan S.11/29/2023TCDS has been an excellent school for our 2 children! We have had one there since pre K and one currently in 8th grade and our experience has been exceptional! Our kids look forward to being at school and have thrived socially and academically. The staff and administration have always made us feel our children’s safety and wellbeing is a priority. I would highly recommend this school if you want a fun and safe environment for your children to learn!Katina B.11/22/2023TCDS has been my children's home away from home since 2018. Started with the Lil champs program now have a 3rd grader and another Lil champ the staff really care a great deal about the students and fostering them to become well rounded children with kindness, collaboration and skills to prepare them for real life events. Anytime there have been concerns or issues the staff respond timely and appropriately to my inquires. I also have 2 children with needs for behavioral and the school has great resource programs in place for children with differing needs. We love attending TCDSElise R.11/15/2023
- This is our 4th year with the school. Our oldest started here in kindergarten she is currently in 3rd grade and our youngest is in kindergarten. I can not say enough about the strong academic core curriculum. Classes are smaller then the public schools. Our daughters are learning Spanish, they are also learning to play musical instruments, they’re loving their art classes and staying active with after school sports and activities that are available to students.
I absolutely love that every single morning
school is started with saying the pledge of allegiance as well as The Champion Pledge!
You can find the principal and the assistant principal all around campus. They are constantly active throughout the entire campus. With every and all grade levels from K-8th grade. They don’t need to try to show children that they care, because the children already know they are genuinely cared about, by Mr. Hannah & Mr. Krause.
TCDS having separate start & end times for lower and upper grade levels is genius!!!!! The results of these separate times is less traffic in the parking lot therefore bringing more safety to students, siblings and families.
Having such a highly secured campus, I never have to worry about who can or will try to enter their school.
When we enter the campus, you can sense a closeness and a family-like feel. There is no better place for your children to be, then with family! That is exactly why our daughters will remain at TCDS all the way through 8th grade. This is their school but it’s also their family! Champions today means champions for life!Joanie H.2/02/2019
- Our son started in Preschool 2 years ago, we had been looking for a place that made him feel safe and secure after having a bad experience a Kindercare. He came home happy every day, the teachers have a very good balance of kindness and positive discipline (which is great). We have very good communication with his teachers and they keep us posted on his progress. We are very happy that he loves to tell us about his day and is always eager to return to school! Staff is very friendly all over campus, it’s gated and secure. The catering for lunch is amazing, very healthy and yummy options, better than what I had in my cafeteria!Iris K.8/10/2018
- Being new to Tucson, finding a quality school was a major concern of mine. After a little over a year of searching, we finally found this Gem. From the initial tour, through the final days of school, my son's first year was amazing, and we returned for a second. Now registered for a 3rd year, I couldnt be happier amd neither could my son. I recommend TCDS to everyone. This school is the community these children need. Thank you for all that you do!Heather E.4/22/2017
- I have been going to Tucson Country Day School since I was in preschool. I love it! I have always had excellent teachers. They make learning fun. We work hard and there are a lot of high expectations but that's okay. I am learning to be proactive, and to put first things first which makes a big difference in how I get my school work done. I am in Middle School now. Student Council is awesome, and so is the Drama Club and STEM club. They are so much fun! And I have some great friends, too. I am proud to be a Tucson Country Day School Champion.NuttyNate54 ..6/29/2016