Tucson Country Day School’s Early Childhood Program, Lil’ Champs, welcomes 100 students and their families each school year. We serve students ages 3-5 years old. With a variety of schedule options, including half days and half weeks, our program is available Monday-Friday, 6:30 a.m.- 6 p.m.
We provide diverse learning environments, materials, and experiences that are designed to deepen children’s investigations into the world around them.
On a daily basis our students are engaged in varied learning experiences which include art studio time, Spanish language learning as well as exploring music with instruments.
Meet our Staff!
A child’s environment plays an important role in their early development. Our Lil Champs program offers a mix of indoor and outdoor spaces that are welcoming, interesting, and encourages play and investigation. Our learning environments have plenty of open spaces to encourage collaborative activities and social interaction. These various areas are responsive, containing features that involve all five senses and provoke thinking, open-ended outcomes, and creativity.
Lil’ Champs Transitioning to Kindergarten
For Lil’ Champs entering Kindergarten for the 2023-24 academic year, enrollment begins December 5th, 2022. As students transitioning into Kindergarten are considered new to the TCDS charter school, please follow the open enrollment process shared within the link below.
If your incoming Kindergartener is a sibling of a currently enrolled K-8 student, they may enroll during the pre-registration window, which begins November 21st, 2022.
New and Continuing Lil’ Champs
Registration for the 2023-2024 academic year is available now.
You can also register for the remainder of the current school year (2022-2023).
Please follow the steps below.
Registration is dependent upon the document being completed in its entirety, in addition to Lil’ Champs receiving all necessary supplemental documentation (see below).
Please be aware that the registration packets contain fields that are labeled as “required” and “not required”. This is in order to make the forms available to all families and their individual circumstances, as some portions of the documents may not pertain to all students in the same context. Although a field may be labeled “not required,” please read through the details carefully and complete the forms thoroughly.
Once the registration form and additional documents have been submitted, our Early Ed director, Ms. Wanda McDonnell, will contact you within one week regarding availability.
If you have any additional questions regarding registration, please email Ms. Wanda McDonnell (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call our office 520-296-0883.
- To start the registration document, click the button below for the desired academic year. You’ll be prompted to enter your name and email address.
- Once you have completed the registration forms, use the tool within the packet to upload supplemental documents. If you experience difficulty uploading the files, close the browser window (don’t worry, everything you have already input is saved), then access the document via the link that was sent to your email. Once you re-open the document, you will see the files have loaded):
- Official birth certificate (or an alternate document allowed pursuant to ARS 15-828)
- Immunization Records
- After you have finalized the packet and uploaded documents, the file is sent to our registrar.
- Upon confirmation of enrollment from our Early Ed director, please submit the non-refundable registration fee of $100.
Step 1: Complete the Registration Packet
Step 2: Pay the Registration Fee
Upon confirmation of your child’s enrollment into the Lil’ Champs program, a link will be emailed to you through which you can submit the non-refundable $100 registration fee. You can also use the link below to complete payment.
You can download or print the list below:
If you and your family would like to schedule a tour of Lil’ Champs or have any questions, please submit the form below: